We got the pathology report back...they boys are identical! It is really neat to have it confirmed. Identical twins are pretty rare and only 3 out of 1,000 births!
Just some identical facts: identical twins happen when a fertilized egg splits into two, while fraternal are when two eggs are fertilized. Identical twins have the same dna, fingerprints, everything! They do not run in families because it is just a random act of nature.
I know some people never find out if their twins are identical, so I feel lucky to know. And while I can easily tell them apart now, I still get tripped up now (like when they are in their car seats and I can't see Drew's crazy hair, which is how I tell them apart usually).
Anyways, no pics today. I am slacking this week.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment