Monday, May 18, 2009

First day on my own!

So today was the first day I was officially "on my own"...all of our help has left and Paul was working all day. It was a really interesting day, and it was harder than I thought it would be! Both babies wanted to eat around the same time, every time...thank goodness for Boppy pillows. All of a sudden it was 3pm and the day had flown by. We did manage to go for a walk to the Walgreens which I'm sure was very exciting for everyone. They were kind of fussy and in a sleep deprived stupor I only brought one pacifier. I had to keep switching it between them....I figure they share enough germs to begin with.

Donovan also rolled over again before his bath, so I am guessing the doctor's appointment was not a fluke! Apparently he only does it when he is extremely angry...because during his normal tummy time he just lays there like a sack of potatoes.

Corinne continues to be a great big sister to her brothers, and loves to give them lots of kisses. Here she is patting one of them on the head.


2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Congrats you made it through your first day and had an outing! I agree the days fly by, I wonder everyday where the day went. Just wait till about day 3 or 4 of no help and the exhaustion set in :) That is when I was calling people saying come visit anytime! The boys and Corinne are so CUTE!

Ann said...

I have nothing to contribute on the child rearing front as all you experts do. Only that it sounds quite exhausting and hard, but very rewarding. :-) However, my comment is about Corinne. Seriously Hilary? That child is a mini-you. Identical...very very cool! She is beautiful!